Global DLA Piper lawyers present at the 2015 Women in the Office of the GC Annual Napa Retreat
From October 14-16, our Employment group hosted a CLE and networking event, “Women in the Office of the GC Annual Napa Retreat,” at the Solage Resort in Calistoga, California. At the invitation-only event, 19 female GCs and AGCs participated in roundtable discussions during presentations by DLA Piper lawyers from around the world, earning CLE credit. They also had the opportunity to network.
Partners from the US and several international offices worked together to provide engaging and pragmatic presentations for the attendees. Maria Rodriguez (Los Angeles) moderated the Global Employment Law panel, which featured Sandra Wallace (Birmingham), Ute Krudewagen (Silicon Valley), Julia Gorham (Hong Kong) and Priscila Lago (Campos Mello Advogados – São Paolo).
Other presentations included:
- The Employee’s Perspective on Fraud and Whistleblowing by Savaria Harris (New York) and Angela Crawford (Tampa) with moderator Rachel Cowen (Chicago)
- Legislative and Regulatory Update by Phyllis Cheng (Los Angeles)
- Technology Contract Procurement by Victoria Lee (Silicon Valley)
- Social media and NLRB Annual Report by Marilyn Pearson (Chicago) and Katharine Liao (Los Angeles)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Update by Kathleen Ruhland (Minneapolis) and Ute Krudewagen (Silicon Valley)
- Overview of Global Alignment and Integration Practice by Kathleen Ruhland (Minneapolis) and Ute Krudewagen (Silicon Valley)
- In A Flash: A Lesson in Cybersecurity moderated by Stefanie Fogel (Boston)